Joshua: Conquest and Victory
A Chronological Study Through the Bible
 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. [Josh 1:8 ESV]
- The next 12 books in the story…
- Pre-monarchy – 3.
- Continuing the story—Joshua and Judges
- ________________ (spotlight possibly around Judges 10)
- Monarchy – 6 (3 double books).
- Continuing the story—Samuel and Kings
- ________________ (spotlight around the Davidic kingdom)
- Post-monarchy – 3.
- Continuing the story—Ezra and Nehemiah
- ________________ (spotlight during the time of Ezra)
- Joshua’s name literally means“The Lord will ________________.”
- In Greek, the name is equivalent to “________________.”
- The people of God claim the inheritance God had promised them.
- God will keep His ________________ (21:43-45).
- See the journey into the Promised Land…
- May even be good to read with a map nearby.
- ________________ (1:1-5:12)
- Take (5:13-12:24)
- Divide (13-21)
- ________________ (22-24)
- See the judgment of God, both on Israel and other nations.
- Joshua is the ________________ of Deuteronomy 30.
 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” [Josh 24:15 ESV]